Using exhibitions to get customers is a great way to build a pipeline for a few months.
Exhibitions present an opportunity to meet potential customers, suppliers or investors, with the odd fan that will talk about your product even if they don’t need it themselves.
Besides increasing the awareness for your brand, products and services, exhibitions are also the perfect place for market research.
Be prepared so you can make the best of the opportunity.
Here are 5 tips to use exhibitions to get customers:
- Setup a mock stall to practice;
- Train the person managing the stall – they need to know the company as if it were their own. If you are managing your own stand, make sure you know how to tell your story;
- Ask for contact details – the less admin for the visitor the better. Have a bowl for business cards. Use a tablet to capture information – this will also save you time. If you can, setup time to meet;Run a promotion or demonstrate the product – this will boost sales. Make sure you have onsite payment facilities or you accept geo-payments. Otherwise, write invoices. Warning though, the stock for sale should not crowd the space;
- Run a promotion or demonstrate the product – this will boost sales. Make sure you have onsite payment facilities or you accept geo-payments. Otherwise, write invoices. Warning though, the stock for sale should not crowd the space;
- Invite your social media followers and customers to visit your stall.
Exhibitions can be nerve wrecking. Being prepared makes all the difference. The contacts are a pipeline for you to nurture. It means you can worry less about getting your name out there.
If you use an exhibition for market research, have a list of questions ready. Let the person you are speaking to know how long it will take. Otherwise use mobile devices and let people submit their own responses.
Follow-up with each prospect after the event to close the deal.